Publisher: Harper Resource, 2003.
Soft Cover, 432 pages, 9 x 6.
Charlie Papazian, master brewer and founder and president of the American Homebrewer's Association and Association of Brewers, presents a fully revised edition of his essential guide to homebrewing. This third edition of the best-selling and most trusted homebrewing guide includes a complete update of all instructions, recipes, charts, and guidelines. Everything you need to get started is here, including classic and new recipes for brewing stouts, ales, lagers, pilseners, porters, specialty beers, and honey meads.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, third edition, includes:
- Getting your home brewery together: the basics -- malt, hops, yeast, and water
- Ten easy lessons for making your first batch of beer
- Creating world-class styles of beer (IPA, Belgian wheat, German Kölsch and Bock, barley wine, American lagers, to name a few)
- Using fruit, honey, and herbs for a spicier, more festive brew
- Brewing with malt extracts for an unlimited range of strengths and flavors
- Advanced brewing techniques using specialty hops or the all-grain method or mash extracts
- A complete homebrewer's glossary, troubleshooting tips, and an up-to-date resource section
- And much, much more
Be sure to check out Charlie's The Homebrewer's Companion for over 60 additional recipes and more detailed charts and tables, techniques, and equipment information for the advanced brewer.