Publisher: University Press of New England, 2006.
Soft Cover, 276 pages, 6x9.
A comprehensive guide to the brewpubs and breweries of New England. Whether well-brewed beer is the focus of a trip or a welcome compleement, beer enthusiasts and novices alike will find this guide a worthwhile companion wherever they travel in New England.
- Profiles of nearly 100 establishments in New England, offering descriptions and history of each, as well as insights into each brewmaster's philosophy and brewing style.
- Judicious evaluations of an establishment's food, ambience, and beer.
- Complete guide information, including availability of tours, directions, hours of operation, entertainment, local sights of interest, and whether beer is available for takeaway.
- List of the range of beers available at each establishment, including the identification of the flagship product.
- The author's choice of the "best beer" for each establishment, which is rarely its most popular or best known offering.
- Essays on the brewing process, as well as on understanding and appreciating beer.
- An annotated list of "eleven great New England beer bars."