Publisher: Sunset Books, 2007.
Soft Cover, 304 pages, 9.00 x 11.50.
» Look Inside The Book
Anheuser-Busch, America's foremost authority on beer, presents the ultimate cookbook for beer lovers. The dishes here ranging from appetizers to (yes!) desserts were all selected for their compatibility with beer, whether an American-style lager or a fruity specialty brew, a pale ale or a porter. The mouthwatering recipes include:
- Leek and Chanterelle Tart
- Deviled Chicken Wings
- Grilled Portobello Burgers
- Pepper Steaks with Balsamic Onions
- Grilled vegetables
- Grill-Baked Apple Crisp
Beer also turns up as an ingredient in numerous dishes:
- Warm Artichoke & Amber Bock Dip
- Sausage and Cabbage Soup
- Pale Ale Shepherd's Pie
- Beechwood-Smoked St. Louis Strip
- Ale-Baked Beans
With the book's emphasis on grilling, roasting, and one-pot wonders, cooks will love these recipes simple to prepare for family meals, terrific when combined for entertaining. Beer connoisseurs are already saying "Cheers!" to the book's most compelling feature: the Brewmaster in the Kitchen. Created by Anheuser-Busch experts, "Brewmaster" icons appear throughout, denoting the recommended type of beer a hoppy lager, an amber ale, or a full-bodied stout, for instance that best complements each recipe. There's never been a more complete pairing guide than Great Food, Great Beer.
- Tasty, beer-friendly recipes that focus on grilling, roasting, and one-pot wonders, each accompanied by full-color photography
- Menus for celebratory gatherings including Tailgates & Picnics, Ski-Country Retreats, Clambakes on the Beach, plus a special Beer-Tasting Menu
- Brewmaster in the Kitchen, a specially-created icon system for pairing beer with food
- Glossary of beer terms, A Cook's Guide to Beer, so every cook feels like a pro
- Traditional recipe index as well as an index by type of beer
- Includes a foreword by August A. Busch IV, President and Chief Executive OfficerAnheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.
|8|| A Proud History|
|12|| Pairing Beer with Food|
|16|| The Pour|
|18|| The Glass|
|20|| A Cook's Guide to Beer|
|24|| Special Pairings|
|25|| Menus for Entertaining|
|26|| Starters, Soups & Salads|
|62|| Fish & Shellfish|
|148|| Pork, Beef & Lamb|